Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pinning and Graduation

The night before graduation my nursing class had a pinning ceremony. It is a tradition where we take the Nightingale Pledge and our family pins us. It was very long!!!!! My parents, Nathans parents, My Grandma Schroeder and Aunt Teri all came to support me. It was very nice to have them here. We loved having them.

The kids were very excited to be come on the stage to pin me. Just a coulple of minutes before they called my name Grace threw up all over Grandma Cogbill. When Nathan came to pin me he told me what just happened. So instead of looking excited I think I looked a little puzzled and grossed out. Grace was not feeling well at all. I felt bad for the poor people that sat around my family. Kate was so excited when she got to the stage that she couldnt stop jumping. She just kept jumping in a circle. She only held still long enough to get her picture taken, then jumped all the way back to her seat. Grace, Kate and both Grandma Cogbill and Slider left to get cleaned up and showered. Thanks Mom and Charlyn.





I made a lot of good friends in school. These are two of the best people I know. Diana and Charles were my study buddies. We spent a lot of long later nights and weekends together. We think we have got to be the funniest people around. We laughede and talked about as much as we studied. I could not have made it through school with out them.




Here is Grace and her Grandmas coming out of the bathroom after the big incident. She really did not feel good and was very sad the she didnt get to go on stage.





Grace after we got home from pinning.


The next day was graduation. It was also long. The speaker was crazy!!! The only way to describe her is a VERY enthusiastic southern belle.




Nathans parents and our family minus our sick little Grace.



My parents


My little family. Grace stayed home with Great Grandama Schroeder and Great Aunt Teri. Thanks so much.

4 comments:

Team Caldwell said...

Man I'm so jealous and so excited for you!! Good job

Liz said...

Great job Cassie!! I think you are amazing to have such a big accomplishment as well as taking care of your three kids!

Jaime said...

Congrats Cassie!! that's so impressive that you were able to accomplish all that on top of everything else. you look great too. I wish we could've seen yall.

Patrick and Leigh said...

cassie, i clicked over randomly from shellie's blog...congratulations on your nursing degree. I bet you're so glad it's over! Your family is absolutely gorgeous-they've grown so much in the last year and 1/2. i hope you are well!

:) leigh